Risk factors for developing endometriosis include:
- hereditary predisposition (about 40% of women with this risk factor develop this pathology);
- violation of the menstrual cycle (painful, prolonged, heavy menstruation, short menstrual cycle less than 27 days);
- no childbirth or 1 childbirth during life;
- frequent abortions and diagnostic curettage of the uterus;
- prolonged use of intrauterine contraceptives;
- lack of ovulation.
What does the term "adenomyosis" mean?
This pathology is a special case of endometriosis, which is an abnormal growth of endometrioid tissue outside the uterine mucosa.